There is history behind the creation of the world, there is also history behind creating its smallest terrain. Barguna District is situated on the southern side of the sea, in the mouth of the oceans, pheas and the rising land of the Harinaghata river. The entire territory of this district was one day in the Sundarbans area. In the evolution of time, the people started gradually cutting the Sundarbans and started creating populations, and as a result, today's Barguna district comprising six upazilas of 939.39 sq km area comprising nine lakh inhabitants.
Although no specific information was found in the history of Barguna, it is known that when the wood merchants of the northern region came to collect timber in this area, they were waiting for the favorable flow or big guns to cross the Khata river. According to some people, the boat was forced to cross the river (Dari), because the boat was named Barguna. Some people say that Barguna is named after the name of a strong Rakhain resident of Barguna. According to another, Barguna is named after the name of a bawali named Barguna.
In the British period, in 1871, Patuakhali subdivision was created for administrative purposes. There were five thanas in Patuakhali, Mirzaganj, Gulistan, Bauhaphul and Galachipa in this sub-division. Babana and Patharghata were under the control of Mathbaria. At that time, Barguna was under Gulisakhali Police Station. Later, in the later part of the century, Duma, Patharghata, Barguna Betagi and Khepupara Thana were formed for administrative convenience. The name of Barguna was made on the map of Bangladesh by nameing it as a name. In the 14th century, the whole southern region was under Bakerganj. In the middle of the eighteenth century, the leader of East Bengal was Agabak Khan. His zamindari was in Bakla Chandradvipa. Patuakhali and Barisal were called Bakla Chandradvip. For the administration of governance, the British government created Bakerganj district in the name of Agabak Khan, according to the Resolution 7 of 1797. To prevent peace and control of pirates, a temporary police outpost in Phuljhori on the bank of the river Bichhali was constructed in the early 19th century. In the year 1904, in Barguna, permanently 1 st The police station was established and gulisakhali amtali and Barguna thana police the two were separated. Subsequently, the pond of the Bay of Bengal continued to grow and the Sundarbans region was created by creating huge populations. Thus the Barguna Police Station area expanded.
Barguna in a beautiful forest of a time becomes gradually transformed into densely populated places. Political, social and cultural activism started in this area, due to the increase in the number of people, the number of people, and the number of people, in the year 1969, with the formation of Patuakhali district, the sub-divisional town was established on the basis of the history of Barguna. With Patharghata and Bamna thanas of Pashara, Amtali, Barguna, Betagi and Pirojpur sub-division Barguna subdivision is formed. Due to inconvenience to the sub-divisional subdivision of Barguna, Kalapara Thana Pat Later, in the year 1984, 28 Fahrari Barguna subdivision was upgraded to the district.